Sinister Mortise cut

2015-06-04

Yesterday and today were again productive shop days. The scroll for the Sinister is now ready, albeit not quite as well proportioned as the one for Ashley's. Today I adjusted the neck root to proper height and angle on both. I cut the mortise on the Sinister. It looks like the neck will fit just right with no further adjustments.

In order to save time some months ago, I had not finished the perimeter of the Sinister corpus. I did that this afternoon. It is now ready for gluing of the neck. I will cut the mortise on Ashley's first though, so I can glue both in one session.