Sinister Saddle Attached

2015-06-23

Today was more productive than I anticipated. I matched the fingerboard to the neck. That involved mostly scraping the fingerboard, but I also trimmed a very small bit of the neck at the nut for a smooth transition on both sides.

I hadn't planned on making and installing the saddle, but it was only mid-afternoon so I found a small piece of ebony and started working it into the right dimensions. Before I knew it, the saddle was all but done. So I turned on the glue pot and finished the saddle while the glue was warming up. I should be ready to string the Sinister in another day or so. The next challenge will be to test it, since I am by no means a left-handed player.