Back Plate roughed out

Back Plate Inside
Back Plate Outside

Yesterday I roughed out the back plate on the CNC. Things went better than feared, but still requiring adjustments before I do the top plate. I also realized after it was done that I had the groove for the ribs “on” the line, not outside. The result is that the template is slightly too large. I had decided to live with the over-size, but even now that I’m committed to this approach I’ll have to make another one. I tried trimming the template on the router table, but just messed up an edge. This well delay the project again by a few more days.