Header image with 5 fiddles

Back Shaped

The back went faster than I anticipated. Again, I formed the centreline first, then the lower bouts, then the upper bouts, then the centre. The maple is very nice to work with. I managed to only produce a couple of minor gouges. Final scraping and sanding should take care of them.

I used a combination of finger planes, pullshave, and scrapers. Now that the grain is becoming more visible, it's obvious I didn't do a vey good job of matching it. At least the profile is close to what I wanted. I suppose matching grain will be something for future projects.