Header image with 5 fiddles

Sinister Mortise cut


Yesterday and today were again productive shop days. The scroll for the Sinister is now ready, albeit not quite as well proportioned as the one for Ashley's. Today I adjusted the neck root to proper height and angle on both. I cut the mortise on the Sinister. It looks like the neck will fit just right with no further adjustments.

In order to save time some months ago, I had not finished the perimeter of the Sinister corpus. I did that this afternoon. It is now ready for gluing of the neck. I will cut the mortise on Ashley's first though, so I can glue both in one session.