Header image with 5 fiddles

Two VSOs


The mortise on Ashley's went very well also, with only a bit of damage to the rib material. I was able to glue the damaged sections and sand out the evidence. Today I mixed up a new batch of hide glue and prepared the clamps. I did the Sinister first, and it went fairly well. There's a bit more glue than is necessary, so there was some squeeze-out. Ashley's went together even more smoothly. I used two clamps on each to apply pressure both vertically and longitudinally. After leaving the assemblies for about 5 hours, I removed the clamps and checked the alignments. It's difficult to check alignment with the clamps in place, but it turns out that everything is almost perfectly right. The neck on the Sinister could stand to be a bit lower on the right, but I can compensate with the fingerboard.